Sunday, April 22, 2007

Birthday Bowling



Today is my daughter's birthday! HAPPY 8th BIRTHDAY, H!!!



As is tradition for all elementary-aged school girls, we held a slumber party this weekend in honor of her special day. But before the slumbering commenced, we headed out for some pizza & bowling.



Mom had a little fun going "old school" on the pics. Lots of grain + tinted/muted colors = fun!


Here's the birthday girl...


...her pals...



VICTORY!


And since we're "keeping it real" here in blog world, I will show you the annual "thorn in my side:" the birthday cake.



We started a tradition of baking b-day cakes in the shape of a number a few years back when Nana found some cool number cake forms on sale.



I wish I had never started. For me, anyway, it has turned into the annual "I wonder how ugly this year's cake will be?" tradition.



I can do many things, but cake decorating is not one of them, I'm sad to say. (And it really bothers me that I can't master it).



Just in case you are wondering, these are supposed to be little girls in sleeping bags (sleepover, remember?). A much cuter, less pitiful version can be found HERE

No comments: