Thursday, April 26, 2007

Our Giant Nightlight

This is what I see when I look out my back window these days. I literally took this picture while standing on my back porch and I did not zoom!

For you folks who "aren't from around these parts," this is one of the many oil wells we are drilling in western Oklahoma. The difference is, most are out in random fields, far from civilization and this one is literally on my back porch. We now have a nice constant humming sound to listen to (it really is nice; helps me sleep at night; sounds like interstate traffic which I've always lived near during the past few years of my life). However, the reason I'm posting a blog entry at 5 a.m. is because they started some kind of racket (drilling, maybe?) in the wee hours of the morning & I've been unable to get back to sleep.

But if they can bring us some relief at the gas pump, I'l just buy a nice pair of ear plugs! :)

No comments: