Tuesday, April 29, 2008

When Two Became One: Scott & Elizabeth

Ready for a really long blog post? Buckle your seatbelts, 'cause here we go....
So, without further ado, here's a handful of images from Scott & Elizabeth's big day:


I love the excitement in Elizabeth's face as she tells her daughter how beautiful she looks. Aw...a sweet mommy/daughter moment to start the day!


Doesn't she look gorgeous? The fluffy tulle taught Miss K a lesson early in her life: beauty can be painful! We had to do some serious work trying to keep her mind off of how "scratchy" her skirt was. :)




Scott & Elizabeth chose to see one another before the ceremony. Elizabeth had to pyche herself up before she went into the room to meet Scott. She was taking deep breaths and waited a long time before she would even tap him on the shoulder so he could turn around to meet her. Of course, there were a lot of tissues involved soon after.


I love this one.



Here's Scott and the boys. Don't ya love the chocolate brown tuxes? They were a funny bunch, I tell ya!



(Case in point)



The ceremony went smoothly and beautifully and soon, we were off to the reception.


The reception was held in the Ballroom at Southwestern Oklahoma State University. Scott & Elizabeth met at SWOSU. Elizabeth said that Scott was afraid of her when they first met, but I didn't confirm it with him--lol.



Brides are so detail oriented. Aren't these treat boxes too cute? The "P" is for Elizabeth's new last name!


Of course, there was cake cutting....



There were some casualties.



Then it was time for dancing. The first dance was with Elizabeth and her grandfather to whom she is very close. They danced to "That's My Job" by Conway Twitty. More tears!


This is one of my most favorite images of the night...but I didn't take it! Nope, this was taken by my super-duper assistant/photographer-in-training and husband-on-the-side: Tim!


See? Here he is in action. But I digress....



Let the dancing begin! Leave it to the dynamic duo of Elizabeth and Kelbie to get things started. You may remember them from Elizabeth's bridal session.




They just kicked their shoes off and danced the night away!


I've got to tell you how very, very much I enjoyed getting to know Elizabeth & Scott. They are sweet and funny and it was so nice to witness the deep love they have for one another. I'm so glad you guys let me hang out on your wedding day! Thanks!!

For more fun, check out a short slideshow of some of the day's events HERE.


P.S. Just in case you are in the wedding market: Jody Lang of Weatherford was the wedding coordinator and Chris Henson with Radioactive Disc Jockeys was their D.J. They both did a great job!




Megan Franks of Four Seasons Photography can photograph your wedding day in Weatherford, Elk City, Clinton, Woodward and the surrounding areas. Visit www.fourseasonsphotos.com for more information.

5 comments:

Stacy Cross said...

These are just sooo great! Your colors, lighting, and the expressions you captured are really awesome!

Megan said...

Thanks so much, Stacy! Your encouragement means a lot to me!!

Unknown said...

Ok, so you know I'm always honest. I tell it like it is, we are the Dos Amigos and we shoot straight. So, knowing that I have to tell you something. I got all flippin' teary on the one where they were seeing each other before the ceremony! And when I say teary, I mean red nose couldn't see out of my eyes teary. Shame on you. I absolutely adore these! You did an amazing job!

Jennifer said...

wowese are really beautiful, you captured all the details awesomely for them!

Chicky said...

I love these pictures - you captured so much of their personality!