Monday, October 27, 2008

Halloween Fun for Grown-Ups



This week, I attended a murder mystery dinner that our local YWS Club hosted. I admit--I was a skeptic. I wasn't sure how much fun grow women in costumes trying to figure out "who dunnit" would really be.


Verdict: It was great fun! There was lots of laughter, great food (of course!) and creative costumes (I suppose the little girl instinct to play dress-up never fully goes away). I got to pull out some of my journalism skills for a bit as we interviewed one another and tried to figure out who had motive and opportunity to kill.

In case you've never been a part of a murder mystery dinner, everyone is assigned a character and asked to dress as that person. Once you arrive at the party, you are given a the details about your character's whereabouts during the murder and what else she may have seen. Then, you have to mingle with others, asking questions or slipping your information into the conversation while trying to put all the pieces of the mystery puzzle together. My character was Professor Eva Spektrum, an expert in psychology and parapsychology.

If you've never been to one, I highly suggest giving it a try. It's a great way to meet new people, too!

2 comments:

twiceknit said...

Such fun! I've always wondered how fun one of those would be.

Bethany said...

What fun! And you look too cute. ;o)