Monday, May 25, 2009

Preserving Family History

I'm a history buff. I'm especially a family history buff. I love hearing stories about our family's past and have even done a little genealogical digging myself. Someone once told me, "You can't know who you are unless you know where you've come from," and I believe it to be true.

That's why I was so pleased when Darla called to make an appointment for a family session with a special desire to get a special photo including herself, her mom and her grandma for a "three generations" image. For a very short time in my own life, there were five generations of women living. Now I have a better understanding of how truly unusual that is. We have a snapshot to commemorate those days, but I wish I had something more like this....


Aren't they beautiful?




Grandma + Grandkids + Great-Grands


What makes these even more special is that we were able to shoot the session on their grandparents' farm.


"You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them."
~Desmond Tutu
Location: between Cheyenne & Reydon, OK

1 comment:

Amy said...

Tears in my eyes as I thought how nice it would be to have some wonderful shots like these of my grandmas. What a great idea, not to mention great pictures!