Friday, May 11, 2007

Get Your Kicks On Route 66

As you know, May is the month of field trips for schoolchildren across the nation. I joined my preschooler for her trip to The National Route 66 Museum in Elk City, OK. I'm not sure how much the preschoolers appreciated it, but I thought it was pretty cool!

There's lots of neat stuff inside: a mini drive in, a firestation with a pole to slide down, lots of cool motorcycles, planes, old RV's, etc.

What's a Route 66 museum without license plates...in the shape of Oklahoma? Neat-o.

And now for the history lesson.... I SO want one of these old baby buggies. Wouldn't it make an awsesome picture with a baby inside?


I say let's ditch Ipods & CD's and go back to the good-ole days of non-portable music. Good times, good times....

Okay ladies....time for a serious talk. What does it say about our vanity when we are willing to be hooked up to have electric bolts shot through our hair for a perm's sake? Are you willing to suffer this much for beauty? Not me!!! That's craziness!


This concludes our tour of the National Route 66 Museum. The next time you are traveling through Elk City, take a minute to stop in. For only $3, there's lots more to see!







No comments: