Thursday, August 21, 2008

Confidence

What?? TWO blog posts in one day??? I know, it's unbelievable another blogger shared a video and some thoughts that I have to share.

Anyone who knows me knows that I have little self-confidence. It's been a real struggle for me throughout my life. Without confidence, you can get easy to get bogged down by feelings of inadequacy and convince yourself that you will never be able to be successful even in areas where you possess talent or skills.

This video is of Paul Potts' audition on Britain's Got Talent. I'm no super-fan of American Idol or any of the talent shows nor am I an avid opera fan. But I dare you to watch this video and not get goosebumps or positively tear up. Paul Potts is a lot like me, but he stepped out of his comfort zone and stepped into unimaginable success. And no one expected it from him.





So, in case you missed the message of the day, it's threefold:
1) Use what God gave ya.
2) Be willing to step out of your comfort zone.

So, did he win? You betcha.



**Taken from http://www.paulpotts.com/, About Paul

No comments: